As I mentioned in a previous blog post, SEO is essential to the ultimate success of your business. And a big part of that success comes down to creating and implementing an effective SEO content marketing strategy. SEO and content go hand in hand. As recent Forbes The article says it succinctly: “SEO without content marketing is like a body without a soul.” Think about your keyword research; you can put together the absolute best keywords for your business, but if you don’t include those keywords in your content, they won’t be of any use to you. And the same goes for the reverse: Creating content without understanding what your target audience is looking for will not drive more traffic to your website.
To ensure the success of your SEO strategy, it must be designed and work in tandem with your content marketing strategy. Read on to learn how to develop and implement a successful SEO content marketing strategy.
What is content marketing?
Before you can create an effective SEO content marketing strategy, you need to understand what content marketing is.
According to Yeast, “Content marketing includes all marketing activities that focus on creating and sharing information. […] The idea of content marketing is that sharing valuable information is a great way to attract an audience and build a brand. At its core, content marketing freely creates and shares valuable, high-quality information that your target audience will find beneficial.
the Benefits of content marketing and why it is important for SEO
The importance of content in SEO cannot be overstated. Creating high quality content is a critical part of developing an effective and comprehensive SEO content marketing strategy for your business. Quality content helps your website rank organically higher on SERP pages, that’s right. But one of the other main benefits of content marketing is to become a trusted source for your target audience and a thought leader in your field.
To become considered a trusted source and thought leader, you need to start thinking beyond the search and rankings. Real optimization of content as part of your SEO content marketing strategy means creating content that serves a more important purpose than helping your site rank higher on the SERPs. While it can be easy to get caught up in the race to produce as much content as possible to drive more traffic to your site, creating content for the sake of creating content is not beneficial to anyone.
Your SEO content marketing strategy should focus on creating content related to the key search terms your audience is looking for. When you create content that attracts and resonates with your target audience, your website will naturally start to rank higher on the SERPs.
The best place to start creating this type of great content is to create a list of the most important keywords that relate to your industry and business. For that, you can use these keywords for:
- Identify potential topics that match your business and your products and / or services.
- Determine which of these topics are most relevant to your audience and / or what you want to highlight.
- Use a keyword ranking program or do your own Google research to help identify keywords that have the potential to drive the most traffic to your website.
Here’s a sample Search Engine Journal provided to identify topics and keywords that resonate with your target audience:
Once you have defined the keywords you want to include in your content, this will help keep your SEO content marketing strategy on track and ensure you create successful content that adds value to your audience. target and your site.
While it’s important to use your keywords to structure your content, it’s equally important not to over-saturate your content with these keywords. This is called “keyword stuffing” and can hurt your SEO rankings rather than help. Value of search engines quality content that helps searchers find the information they are looking for. Therefore, you must use your keywords naturally in all of your content.
Creation SEO optimized content
Creating SEO friendly content that appeals to both search engines and your target audience is a skill, but it can be done. Understanding and listening to your target audience has never been more important. Like Search Engine Journal says, “2020 is all about putting the user first by creating value-rich content. “
Here are some tips for creating SEO optimized content. Combined with the tips listed above, you will be able to create optimized content that will appeal to search engines as well as your target audience.
- Increase brand authority through guest posting. While guest posting can be a great way to add high quality backlinks to your content, guest posting can also help build your brand credibility. You can research guest posting opportunities by searching for sites and blogs that have a target audience similar to your business and a large social audience. Partnering with these types of businesses could be an opportunity to expand your SEO content marketing strategy by sharing your content across different marketing channels.
- Use a multi-channel marketing strategy. Regardless of guest posting opportunities, part of creating SEO friendly content means optimizing its sharing through different marketing channels. You don’t need to try to post to all marketing channel, focus only on the ones that your target audience uses the most.
- Reuse your content. Aside from going through your blog archives and updating old posts (which you should do regularly), reusing your content can also mean identifying posts that didn’t work and sharing them on some of your. other marketing channels, such as social media. media or by presenting them in an electronic newsletter. By doing this, you can understand if this is a topic that hasn’t resonated with your target audience, or if you need to start using other marketing channels to connect with your audience.
- Create high-quality visuals to accompany your optimized content. Our attention span continues to decline each year. To help keep your target audience engaged, create custom graphics, images, and videos to go along with your blog and website content. Not only does this break up your longer chunks of content, but it also gives you the option of incorporating some of your keywords into the alt text content (which you ALWAYS need to include for all of your images).
- Seek advice from a company that offers professional services SEO content marketing services. If you need help creating the best SEO content marketing strategy for your business and have the budget to do so, you may want to consider hiring a company that provides professional SEO content marketing services.
* Image credit: Search Engine Journal