Do you think you know how to do SEO effectively in 2017?
Even if the answer is a firm YES, be sure to align your skills and knowledge with the Semantic SEO Strategy Guide brought to you by the editorial team at WebPDG, a white label Internet Marketing platform present in the natural referencing niche for more than 15 years.
Manage the audit and optimization of your SEO content with semantic search in mind
RankBrain has forever changed the way we optimize our website content for search engines. Ideally, you will need to learn to read the minds of your target audience. But in real life, you will need to optimize your website for LSI keywords and contextual clues instead of standalone keywords.
The more your search results are clicked on, the more likely search engines will see it as the most relevant to searchers. In this case, your structured data is the surefire route to drive your potential readers. If you’re not mobile-friendly in 2017, you won’t make friends with Google and your targeted customers.
With so many SEO trends and updates from Google, it’s hard to know where to start and what SEO and digital marketing tools can help adapt to these trends. Stop procrastinating and get to work with the following tips on your content optimization strategy for 2017.
RankBrain has forever changed the way we optimize our website content for search engines. Ideally, you will need to learn to read the minds of your target audience.
Improve your website user experience by solving technical and on-page content SEO issues
- Make sure you’ve implemented the rel = canonical tag for all kinds of duplicate versions of your site.
- Correct any incorrect response status codes. If you are having 404 page not found issues, optimize these pages with navigation options or use permanent 301 redirects.
- Check your website for content related issues like duplicates, long / short meta tags, missing ALT attributes, etc.
Contextualize your keyword research and optimization
- Start by putting together your list of fundamental keywords. Take ideas from multiple sources, including keyword suggestions based on your product’s keywords, synonyms for queries that are already driving traffic to your site, and semantic competitor searches.
- Use Soovle and Ask the Public which are free keyword tools to expand your keyword halo. These tools are great for giving long tail content ideas for your landing page optimization and for your new blog posts.
- Become a dweller of Q&A forums and communities to learn what your potential researchers are asking and inspire you for some type of Q&A content.
Improve visitor engagement and your content search visibility with the right internal link structure
- Use descriptive anchor texts on your landing pages and link to relevant internal page content that covers topics covered on previously read pages.
- Link deeper rather than always linking to superficial high level landing pages like the home page or contact us. This will help you increase search visibility on deep pages and speed up the indexing of your new content.
- Avoid creating too many outbound links from a page. The more pages you link to, the less authority you give with each link.
Improve the clickability of your SERP website by optimizing your structured data with relevant and descriptive copy
- Wrap your Q&A content in structured, clear, and straightforward copy. The variety of rich response features gives you some freedom and room for improvement. Some of the rich responses contain schema markup, so it makes sense to optimize your microdata.
- Improve your rich snippets with revision markup. Add revision markup using schema.org.
- Dress up your brand new with the help of Knowledge Graph optimization. Some of the most common Knowledge Graph entities for which you need to optimize your microdata include: site name, site logo, and social profile links. Use Schema.org Organization (Person) Markup Details with Google+ Profile (Company Page) + Wikipedia Profile Optimization to get the most visibility in Google search.
Step up the Mobile-First search index game
Since Google in 2017 plans to launch a separate mobile search index that will eventually become the main one, you should give your best to mobile SEO.
- Rev-AMP your content. here is beginner’s guide to Google AMP pages from KeyCDN, which will help you convert your website pages to AMP pages.
- Speed up your website content. Recently, one of the Googlers officially recommended that you keep website content load time below 3 seconds.
- Help your target customers reach your business as quickly as possible by using local schema markup.
For a full list of tips and tricks, please download the Semantic SEO Strategy Guide below.
Help tools to improve and measure your SEO performance
If you want to dominate Google search in 2017, now you need to learn how to manage all the online effort that you put into your website SEO and eventually see how it shows up in your site ranking. Get a list of tools handpicked by the WebCEO editorial team to use to measure and improve your SEO performance.
For a full list of useful tools and tips on how to use them, please download the Semantic SEO Strategy Guide below.
Download the full guide below to see the content of the last 2 chapters. The Guide is only accessible to a limited number of WebCEO users. You now have the opportunity to become one of them and use 14 pro SEO tools to apply your marketing strategy and beat your competition in 2017!
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the sponsor.